Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Tree Catastrophe

Well, Dave and I sort of "inherited" his Grandma and Grandpa Williams' Christmas decorations including their tree. Dave wasn't really around (due to work and a trip he took with his brother Derek, dad, and some friends) so the large task of decorating was left to me...=S. I was pretty lazy in my decorating. We really did wait until the last minute. I kept thinking I'd just wait until Dave had some time to help me but I didn't realize how busy our December was going to be. Anyway...the tree in itself was a task I was not looking forward to. I had never put lights on a tree before. Now...I found some lights in a box of Dave's grandparents Christmas stuff. Little did I know there were better lights in another box (ended up being the last box I went through...go figure). The lights I used were various strands of different colors and lengths. I put them up and realized the tree had patches of different colors in different sizes and so I tried to improvise...

Here was the end result...
Ta Da! Hideous...haha
I just moved the lights around in hopes of mixing the colors together. As you can see, the wires go in all directions. It wasn't until I finished putting these lights up that I found the good ones (mind you I was decorating at 1am...I'm a night owl). By then it was 1:30am and I figured I should probably go to bed. When Dave came home the next morning and saw my lighting job he thought it was HILARIOUS! He wanted me to keep them up but I just took pictures instead and put up the good lights. Good times...

0 comments: