Monday, July 30, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding

Well I just go home from Oregon yesterday. My best friend since childhood, Valerie Black, got married this past weekend and I flew out with my family to see her get married. My family and hers has been close since we first moved to Maui back when I was just 8 years old. Dave couldn't make it though I wish he could've come. He's backpacking in Idaho until Wednesday. It's his last harrah before he's in the Academy. I left last Thursday morning and first stayed in Portland at the Deluxe Hotel for two nights. It's a BEAUTIFUL city. I would love to live there. I couldn't believe how many trees there were. I loved walking the streets and going to all the little shops. I went shopping with my older sister Vanessa in Portland. She's going to art school there. The next two nights we spent in Salem where the wedding would be held. We stayed at the Grand Phoenix Hotel. It was really fun because the whole wedding party was on that floor. I miss Dave though. He won't be home until tomorrow night. He's so sweet. Throughout my trip I kept finding hidden love notes in different places that he had written for me. He left a note in my Harry Potter book along with my bookmark. He wrapped a note around my drivers license because he knew I would have to pull it out at the airport. He also left a note in my makeup bag. Then when I got home I saw that he had bought me a bouquet of my favorite flowers, lilies, and left them in a vase on our dining table for me before he had left. He's so good at little surprises =). I can't wait for him to come home. I don't know how Jen did it when Nate was gone for 10 days. Anyway, here are some pics from my trip.



This is Portland =)


Eddie waiting for Val to come down the aisle.

Val's little sister and one of my best friends Maggie =).


Val and her father Mark. She looked so pretty.


From L to R: My little sister Jasmine (her first flower girl experience), Val's college friend Ameeta, Val's little sister Maggie, Val's older sister Veronica, and Val's best friend from high school Liz.


My parents at the reception =)!


My second parents =)! Val's mom and dad, Mark and Joleen.

Eddie and Val cutting their cake =).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun. Dave stopped by on his way up to Idaho for a few minutes. It was good to see him. Spanish Fork is just as bueatiful as Oregon. You guys should move here! Just a thought :)