Saturday, December 12, 2009

Potty Problems...

Ella's been sick all week therefore very grumpy and prone to crying fits...not fun for me. And Dave's been working for 3 days straight...so it's been a rough 72 hours for me...=(. Yesterday I had a "brilliant" idea that Ella would be fine taking a nap with just a shirt and diaper on. Little did I know she'd poo and proceed to get poo all over her hands, legs, and crib.....0.o! When I walked in to wake her up I was (not so pleasantly) surprised to find dried fecal matter on her. If Dave were in my shoes I think he'd have gagged in horror and disgust (he's ok with blood and guts but poo is another thing). I had to strip all of her clothes off and (we don't have a tub so she takes baths in the sink or showers with me) give her a bath in the kitchen sink. I was holding her away from me while waiting for the water to get warm when I realized Ella was PEEING! She BARELY missed me! So then I held her over the sink so she was peeing INTO THE SINK all the while she was getting sprayed by some cold water ricocheting off the sink and because she was delirious she started screaming bloody murder and wanted nothing to do with baths after that(which she normally LOVES). I had to keep her from standing up in the sink and scrub her body until she was pooh free. Ah motherhood. Sometimes it stinks....that pun was INTENDED! Speaking of which...Ella is sitting on the floor next to my computer chair and she's smelling like she has a "present" for me in her diaper. Anywho, just thought that little event might make you laugh (or grimace in disgust...but amused nonetheless).

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheena said...

haha! don't you just love those moments! ha... i know, they're terrible! it's only funny when it's over!!! i feel ya!!! :)