Thursday, November 5, 2009

Idaho and Yellowstone Trip

Me and Dave drove up to Idaho to attend his grandma and grandpa Merrill's surprise 60th Wedding Anniversary party. We left on September 23rd. We stopped for lunch on the drive up at the Cracker Barrel. Ella Colored in a children's menu. It was her first time doing that...so cute! She did try to eat the crayons later but she did pretty well.
She became fascinated with feeding Dave. She was actually pretty good at it. We drove up to Rexburg to visit Derek on our way to Yellowstone National Park. After dinner with Derek and Shelly Dave thought it would be fun to take me through a corn maze since I had never been through one.
The maze was huge! We had fun and Ella really liked it too.



After spending the night in Rexburg we drove up to Yellowstone. Unfortunately I had the privelege of getting a "lovely" migraine soon after arriving in the park. After throwing up in the car (luckily I had a plastic bag handy) Dave took me to a hotel where I slept for most of the day. We hadn't planned on staying over night. The hotels there are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced! Ella and Dave drove through the first little area of the park and stopped by a river to throw rocks. Ella loved it!
That's an elk in the background.
Dave looks like he was enjoying himself...=).

The next day I was feeling better so we were able to do a quick drive through the park (not as long as we would've had if I hadn't been sick but oh well). We saw beautiful scenery and lots of elk but only one buffalo.









We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's chapel later that day for their surprise party. The traffic getting there was so bad we made with only 5 minutes before grandma and grandpa entered the room. Talk about cutting it close! We were burning rubber! We had so much fun seeing everyone and celebrating with grandma and grandpa Merrill.




We took Ella to a pet store/petting zoo in Chubbuck, ID a day or so before we left. She loved looking at the animals.

1 comments:

Sheena said...

Aw! It looked so beautiful there! And Ella is getting so big! Whata cutie! :) Miss you guys!!!