Thursday, October 8, 2009

August Maui Trip

In mid August I went to Maui to visit my friends Maggie and Val for a week. Dave and Ella stayed home and I missed them so much while I was gone. When I left we had just bought our house and needed to do a lot to it before moving in so Dave worked a lot on the house while I was gone. I had a lot of fun seeing Val and Maggie again. We spent 2 days at the Kea Lani Resort pool (We meaning me, Val, her hubby Eddie, Maggie, and her boyfriend Kai). Val and her hubby were celebrating their anniversary there and invited us to hang out with them at the pool. It was a very nice pool area with a bar in the pool so we couldn't help ourselves and went over and got smoothies and onion rings at the in-pool-bar. It was so fun! They also had a waterslide which wasn't the best slide in the world but it was really fun anyway. I saw 2 old high school friends of mine at the hotel. My friend Matt Paiva was working there as a pool boy and his brother Daniel was a valet! I also saw my friend Gina at this volunteer animal care place Maggie was volunteering at. In fact, every day I saw someone I knew! I miss that about Maui. You always know someone wherever ya go =). Anywho, we didn't get any good beach time in because the weather was either rainy or the water and wind were crazy. I was rather bummed about that. I guess that's what I get for leaving my hubby and Ella behind. One day we had a girls afternoon and got pedicures/manicures at the mall =). It was fun except none of us could understand the people that worked there but they were really nice. For Maggie's birthday we all went to Mama's Fish House. I had only been there once when I was in 3rd grade. Their food was sooo good. The night before I left we made a fondant cake. Maggie and Val had been on a cake decorating spree. Ours turned out pretty good considering we were trying to rush through it 'cause I had to go to bed semi-early for my early flight home. My plane left at 6:45am...too early. I was so glad to be back home when I landed. Seeing Dave and Ella was wonderful. Dave was working so my mom took me over to his station so I could see him and then we picked up Ella's from Janae's house. When she saw me it was the sweetest thing. She ran over and put her arms up for me to hold her and then she just layed her head on my shoulder and stayed that way for a long time. I LOVE that! Anyway, I had a wonderful time with Maggie and Val and I can't wait to go back. I didn't take a lot of pictures but here are some from the pool and our cake baking night =)








0 comments: