Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Eleanor Is Here!!!

Sorry it's taken so long for me to post some pics. Life's been busy adjusting to motherhood =)! Hopefully I can make up for the lost time with lots of pictures!

I was induced on April 30th at 4:15pm. I was overdue 5 days. I was supposed to be induced at 7:30am that day but the hospital called and said they had no rooms in any of the St. Rose hospitals so I had to wait for an opening.


It was great having Dave there. He was very supportive and held my hand through all my contractions...he even did breathing exercises with me =). He was awesome!

I invited my mom and Dave's mom to come to the hospital for my labor and birth =). It was nice having them there. They brought movies and their laptops (to watch the movies with), food for Dave, and of course their cameras =). My mom knew when I should ask for my epideral and I'm GLAD I listened to her 'cause they were getting bad by the time the anesthesiologist got there.

Our mom's kept holding their breaths every time I had to push. It was so funny Dave asked one of the nurses if she could take a picture of them while I pushed.

Eleanor was born at 2:11am on May 1, 2008. My labor was only 9 hours long! It was wonderful!

Dave watched the nurses do the weighing, measuring, and cleaning =)

Ella weighed 7 pounds and 2 ounes, was 20 inches long, and her head was 14 inches around.

Our mom's were very happy! My mom is a grandma for the first time and this is Janae's third grandchild!

It was weird holding her for the first time and looking at her. It felt like watching a movie or dreaming. When Dr. Juarez gave her to me right after I gave birth I just started crying. It was an amazing experience.

Our little family (minus the nurse in the background). Me and Dave love parenthood. It's a bit of work but it's more fun than anything else!

I loved just holding her and looking at her.

Check out the hair! I had NO heartburn the entire pregnancy so that throws that old wives tale out the window....heartburn does not = hair.

Dave was very happy and a little delirious at 2am. I felt bad that he had to sleep on the little couch/cot in the delivery room the whole time...=(

Ella held her daddy's hand for the first time while she was waiting to get her hearing test.

Here's Eleanor getting her hearing tested. She passed =)! She looks pretty funny. It looks like she's listening to music or something.

Buddy came later that day to see little Ella =).

Me, Dave, and Ella finally got to go home on Friday May 2nd just before noon. Mind you we'd been in the hospital since 4:15pm April 30th and hadn't had much sleep. Dave and Ella fell asleep in the living room as soon as we got home...too cute.

I took this picture yesterday when Ella was 5 days old...she's soooo tiny!

So far we think she looks like me but she has dark blue eyes right now so we'll see if they change color or stay the same =).

"No more pictures..PLEASE!" She does a lot with her hands for being less than a week old. She holds her pacifier in place sometimes and gets those mittens off her hands like Houdini!

Ella this morning =). She sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed but she was fussy this morning so we stuck her in bed with us for a few hours. She's a very cuddly baby ^_^. She's 6 days old today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted! Dave and Tori, your little girl is seriously beautiful. I love that hair!! She looks so healthy. Tori you look great in those pics for just having a baby. I'm just so happy for both of you. Congratulations!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

thank you thank you thank you for all the lovely pictures! ella is a gorgeous baby. megan is already planning their first play date.

Kelli said...

She is soooo adorable! I am so excited for you both. I loved the pictures. Tori, you look great in the hospital but David looks like he just went through labor:) Hopefully the both of you are catching some zzz's now and then. Can't wait to see Ella!

Unknown said...

Hi Tori and Dave,

Congratulations! little Ella is so cute. She's going to be a very beautiful girl. Tori, great job! Your a mommy now! I still can't believe it...You will be a great mom... and you look great!

Love,

Sheilla J.