Porter's due date is coming fast and I can't believe I'm already 8 months pregnant! It feels like I should be just into my second trimester. I've been really stressed lately about getting the baby room ready, getting Ella's room ready (with a big girl bed), registerig for my baby shower, deciding on a hospital to deliver at, and just beginning to think about labor...aka impending doom (Ella's delivery went SO smoothly but I still worry)!
On top of being stressed I've been a hormonal/emotional wreck. Dave's been really good about my constant ups and downs.
He knows it's normal and I'm not just some crazy monster who's taken the place of his wife.
This pregnancy has been a bit more difficult than my last pregnancy.
For the second half of my pregnancy my hips have hurt like CRAZY! I set out to clean the house, organize/unpack, go shopping, or just cook dinner and by the time I'm done (sometimes I can't finish what I'm doing) my hips hurt so bad! This has been one reason for my mood swings. I feel like there's so much I need to do and yet I can't DO a lot! For Valentine's Day I asked Dave if he could paint Porter's room for me instead of getting me a gift. He said he'd do it but he's been so busy lately it seemed like that was going to get done last (he's taking 2 classes, working full time, ward mission leader, and trying to get the yard put in before summer sets in). My nesting instincts have been going CRAZY so the other day I decided I'd just do it myself. I finished rolling the paint on most of the bedroom when Dave got home from class. He saw me painting and was like,"what are you doing?!" He wasn't mad, I think he just felt bad that I resorted to doing it myself but I think it was unfair for me to ask him to do it himself in the first place because he's already got so much on his plate. I felt good seeing progress in the babies room, however, I did pay for my day of painting. That night my hips hurt SOOO BAD! Sleep was awful because we prego women have to change positions like 50 times a night and moving hurt my hips so much. Dave was off the next day and he was WONDERFUL and helped me paint ALL DAY LONG! We had to do the trim in the room and paint the inside of the closet. I finished painting the windowsill and closet shelf the following day and now there's a changing table, rocking chair, some clothes hung in the closet, and a lamp....it LOOKS LIKE A BEDROOM! Just seeing everything coming together makes me soooo excited for Porter to come. I need to touch up Ella's crib paint (from her crazy teething marks) and get Ella sleeping in a different bed and then I can finish Porter's room. I'll post pics when I'm all done.
Last night Dave and I went on a date. We went out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory (YUMMY!) and afterwards we planned on taking a tour of Spring Valley Hospital's labor and Delivery to see if I wanted to deliver there (when I was prego with Ella we ate at CheeseCake Factory and then took a tour of St. Rose Sienna Hospital and preregistered there). When we got to Spring Valley Hospital the front desk in the labor and delivery area was empty and there was a sign that said to call such and such phone number for assistance with a phone on the counter next to it. Dave called the number and the person on the other line informed us that the next scheduled tour was for the 28th...WHAT?! Since when do you need an appointment to get a hospital tour? Needless to say we decided St. Rose Sienna it is! I loved my experience there with Ella. My only concerns are there parking (it's hard to find a parking spot...VERY hard!) and they're a popular hospital for having babies. When I was going to be induced with Ella I was scheduled for 7:30am but the hospital called to inform me they had no rooms available so I had to wait until 4:30pm because they were soooo busy with deliveries!
Anywho, sorry about the whining and such. I'm so relieved that Porter's room is getting there and I know where I'm deliving so that's some relief and I'm more excited now and not so depressed/stressed =).
Sunday, March 21, 2010
2 Months Left!!!
Posted by The Williams Family at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hang in there woman! it's crazy what a pregnant woman's body does. my lower back hurt so bad when i was pregnant. nate would rub it and i would cry because it felt to good to get some relief. haha! :) i'm excited to see porter's room. i woulda painted for you. it's hard having a hubby who's so busy and a toddler to take care of. i can't imagine being pregnant too! :) good luck!
My hips hurt really bad with Connor and not with Allie. A ton of girls in my ward told me to go to this chiropractor that adjusts your hips, specifically for women that are pregnant. They swore by it but it is only temporary relief (like a few weeks). I chickened out and never did it but it is just an idea. Good Luck!
I love your post!!! So cute!! :) Oh the joys of pregnancy!! ;) I'm so glad Porter's room is getting all finished!!
I feel ya girl. I was EXACTLY the same way. I don't know if it's girl first then boy that made my hips hurt. Or maybe it's chasing one child around when you weren't for your first pregnancy. This baby hurt much worse, meaning I was MUCH more uncomfortable, but the good news was that the labor and delivery went great, just like with Macie. Hopefully it goes the same with you. Anyway, good luck. It'll all be over soon and you'll have a sweet baby boy!
Post a Comment