Well, I haven't posted in a while. Part of it is that I've been lazy and Haven't felt up to posting/waiting for pics to upload/just didn't know what to write but we've also been a bit busy. Dave and I are hoping to buy (or maybe build) a house sometime this year. Hopefully soon. We've been looking in Henderson, Boulder City, and Logandale. We've thought seriously about moving to Logandale on and off for almost 2 years now but recently, I think we both feel strongly that it would be the best place for our little family. So...now I think we know where we want to move but we may have to wait a while because the prices are just starting to come down there. In the meantime we'd really appreciate any advice you could give us in regards to buying/building a house and just advice about the process. Or even a list of stuff we need to do would be nice. We don't know where to start. 
Monday, March 2, 2009
Dummies Guide to Buying a House...
Posted by The Williams Family at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Tori,
My boyfriend actually just bought a house and the best advice I could give you from his experience would be
1. Location, location, location. Don't just think about your current situation, think about the future and what the future of the location might be. For example, Bryce bought a house in a not so great part of town, but in 5-10 years it'll be a great part of town. Also, what is the neighborhood like? When you go house hunting look around and see if people are walking their dogs/running/children playing. These are all good signs of a good community.
2. Price/Budget- Can you REALLY afford what you want to buy?
3. Is this going to be the home you plan on living in for the next 15-30 years? or are you just using it as a starter?
4. Find a good Realtor, someone you trust and know will be give you sound advice, not just try to make a sale.
Hope this helps!
Post a Comment